Corona Virus Statement
Prevention, Policy to help stop the spread of Covid-19
In view of the current concerns regarding the corona virus Better Care will be implementing the following procedures;
- All carers will be supplied with a washable face mask, hand sanitiser and a personal stock of alcohol spray.
- All carers should wear gloves and masks when entering client’s houses including communal areas.
- Carers will remove gloves and mask.
- Hands will be washed for 20 seconds using soap and water on entry to homes.
- Clean gloves will then be put on by carers for the duration of personal care tasks.
- Before leaving client’s homes, carers will wash hands with soap and water again and the mask and a new glove will be put on to leave the client’s home.
- Between client visits, carers will use hand sanitiser supplied by Better care
- All surfaces touched by client’s and carers will be disinfected three times a week by carers this will be recorded on our cross-infection chart
- Carers will clean steering wheels, mobile phones and car door handles with alcohol spray
- Carers will ensure they wash their uniforms daily at a temperature of no less than 40 degrees and separate to other items.
Revision to protocol 23/03/2020
- Carers will wear disposable face masks for the care of clients, disposing at the end of each visit
- Carers will wear an apron for the duration of visit and dispose of before leaving clients homes
- Carers will ensure that all bins are emptied and that no PPE will be left inside client’s homes
- Wearing of goggles to deliver care at carer’s discretion
- For NW and RB sleeves to be worn
Revision to protocol following new government advice 06/04/2020
All clients to be treated as potentially Covid 19 positive eye protection must be worn