Code of Practice
Code of practice details
Better Care at Home’s code of practice covers the conduct of us the Agency, in relation to you, the Client. It also covers our working practices and standards. Our intention is to uphold your rights welfare and safety at all times.
You have a right to expect:
- Help in your home from carers who have been interviewed and passed the formal interview/selection process by the Agency.
- Carers to have undergone a formal induction and training programme.
- Carers who possess the skills and training to undertake the agreed care activities.
- The Agency to provide carers who meet your requirements in terms of skill, experience and personality.
- Full details of the cost of services before the commencement of any such services.
- Staff to wear Better Care at Home uniforms unless you prefer them not to.
- Staff to wear and clearly display name badges.
- Staff to treat your property, possessions and security of your home with consideration and respect.
- Better Care at Home employees to be covered by appropriate and adequate insurance.
- Discretion at all times regarding your personal/domestic circumstances, relationships and finances.
- For the Agency to encourage comments and suggestions and to use these to develop a better service.
- That comments, plaudits and complaints are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Clear, accurate monthly invoices detailing services provided.
- Daily contact notes to be accurately completed in line with current legislation and kept at clients home. Records to be kept at agency office and maintained in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- Privacy and dignity with respect to personal affairs and care provided in line with confidentiality legislation.
- That your dignity, privacy and rights should be upheld and prioritised at all times.